Tatsuta-age is a way of cooking. After ingredients are marinated in seasonings, they are coated with katakuri-ko starch and deep-fried.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/4 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into about 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps sake
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp fresh ginger juice
- katakuriko or corn starch for coating
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Mix say sauce, sake, mirin, and ginger juice in a large bowl.
- Marinate chicken in the sauce for 30-60 minutes.
- Take out chicken from the sauce and dry lightly with paper towels.
- Preheat oil in about 330 degrees F in a deep pan.
- Lightly coat chicken with katakuriko and deep-fry them until done.
- Remove the chicken and drain on paper towels.