Tsukune are round or oval dumpligns made with ground meat with other ingredients. They can be fried, simmered, or grilled. In this recipe, oval chicken meatballs are pan-fried.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger juice
- 2 Tbsp katakuriko / corn starch
- 2 tsp vegetable oil for frying
- Put ground chicken, egg yolk, salt, soy sauce, fresh ginger juice, and katakuriko starch in a large bowl.
- Mix well and make oval meat balls.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- Fry meat balls on medium heat for a couple minutes.
- Turn them over and cover with a lid. Turn the heat to low.
- Fry until cooked through.
- Remove tsukune from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Serve the tsukune with soy sauce or karashi mustard on the side.