Japanese Food Basics
From Setsuko Yoshizuka, former About.com Guide
Introduction to Japanese Cuisine
Let's get an overall idea of what Japanese cuisine is. Japanese cuisine is pretty diverse. What types of food are eaten in Japan?
Basic Japanese Cooking Tips
Are you cooking Japanese dishes? It's helpful to know some Japanese cooking vocabularies and basic cooking tips before you start.
- Video: How to Make Steamed Japanese Rice
- Video: How to Make Nigirizushi
- Video: How to Prepare Perfect Sushi Rice
- Video: How to Cook with Tofu
Do you know what ingredients and seasonings are used in Japanese cooking? Here are some resources of typical Japanese ingredients. You can also find a place to buy them online.
- Japanese Food Online Shops
- Video: How to Prepare Fresh Wasabi
- Video: How to Prepare and Use Fresh Ginger
Well-known Japanese drinks are green tea and sake. Let's learn about more Japanese drinks.