We tend to remember and inherit the taste of our mothers' cooking. It's called "ofukuro-no-aji" as ofukuro means mother and aji means taste in Japanese. Ofukuro no aji are usually found in everyday cooking, such as nimono (simmered dishes), tamagoyaki (rolled omelet), miso soup, and so on.
About.com Mother's Day Recipes:
- Mother's Day Lunch and Dinner Menus from About.com Busy Cooks
- Traditional Southern Breakfast Recipes for Mother's Day from About.com Southern Food
- Low Fat Mother's Day Recipes from About.com Low Fat Cooking
- Kids Cook for Mother's Day from About.com Home Cooking
- An Easy Mother's Day Dinner from About.com Entertaining