From Setsuko Yoshizuka, former About.com Guide
Sushi is one of the most well-known Japanese food. In Japanese cuisine, sushi indicates dishes that use sushi rice, which is seasoned with a sweet vinegar mixture. There are various forms of sushi.
- Introduction to Sushi
- Pickled Ginger Recipe
- Cucumber Roll Recipe
- Video: How to Prepare Perfect Sushi Rice
- Video: How to Make Inarizushi
- California Roll Recipe
- Video: How to Cut Salmon for Sushi
- Video: How to Make Nigiri
- Video: How to Make Crab Tempura Roll
- Video: How to Make a California Roll
- Video: Spicy Tuna Roll
- Video: Make Pickled Sushi Ginger
What dishes are commonly served in Japanese breakfast? Traditional Japanese breakfast consists of steamed rice, miso soup, and side dishes.
Holiday/Special Occasion Menu
It's interesting to know about special food cooked on different holidays. Let's find out what food are eaten on Japanese holidays and special occasions.
Tradtional Japanese sweets are called wagashi in Japanese. Also, many types of sweets are consumed in Japan.
- Anko - Simmered Azuki Beans
- Dorayaki Recipe
- Daifuku Recipe
- Kushidango Recipe
- Anmitsu Recipe
- Yokan Recipe
- Azuki Shiratama Recipe
- Video: Japanese Green Tea Sponge Cake
- Video: Japanese Green Tea Pound Cake
- Video: Black Sesame Ice Cream
- Video: Japanese Rare Cheesecake
- Video: Japanese Strawberry Daifuku
- Video: Tempura Fried Ice Cream
One Pot Dishes
One pot dishes are easy to cook and are very popular in Japan. You are supposed to take food from the large pot at the table as you eat.
Lists common dishes often found at Japanese restaurants. Some might not be authetic Japanese dishes but are delicious.