It's a simple recipe to make green tea flavored chocolate balls, using white chocolate. The sweetness of white chocolate is well-balanced by the bitterness of green tea powder.
Yield: Makes 12 balls
- 1/2 lb white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Matcha (green tea powder)
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- matcha green tea powder for coating
- Put finely chopped white chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Put 2 tsp of green tea powder in a small bowl.
- Pour warm milk over green tea powder and stir well. Set aside.
- Pour heavy cream in a small pan and heat on medium heat.
- Stop the heat before cream starts to boil and stir in the green tea and milk mixture.
- Pour the cream mixture over white chocolate. Melt the chocolate, stirring well.
- Cool the chocolate mixture for about one hour in the room temperature.
- Scoop the chocolate into about 1 1/2 inch balls and place them on a sheet of aluminium foil.
- Cool them in the refrigerator for about one hour, or until firm.
- Round chocolate balls by hands and coat with green tea powder on a tray.
- Cool green tea chocolate balls until firm.