- For matcha kanten jelly:
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp kanten powder (agar agar)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- For shiratama dumplings:
- 3/4 cup shiratama-ko (glutinous rice flour)
- 5 - 6 Tbsp water *adjust the amount of water depending on the thickness of the dumpling dough
- For topping:
- 3/4 - 1 cup anko (sweet azuki bean paste)
Put shiratama-ko in a bowl. Add water gradually until the dough becomes as soft as earlobes. Knead the dough. Make round dumplings. Boil lots of water in a medium pan and put the dumplings. When dumplings float, boil for a further minute. Remove the dumplings from the water and put in cold water. Drain dumplings.
Cut matcha kanten jelly into small cubes and divide them into four bowls. Top with shiratama dumplings and anko.
*Makes 4 servings