It's a vinegared dish made with daikon radishes and carrots.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb daikon radish, cut into about 2 inch long thin strips
- 1/4 lb carrot, cut into about 2 inch long thin strips
- 3/4 cup dashi soup stock
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp sake
- Put a pinch of salt over the carrot and daikon and leave for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse them and squeeze to remove excess water.
- Put daikon and carrot strips in a large bowl.
- Put dashi, vinegar, sugar, and sake in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over carrot and daikon strips and mix well.
- Marinate overnight.