It's a popular miso soup with daikon radish and aburaage (fried bean curd). As miso varies in saltiness, adjust the amount of miso to your preference.
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 1/3 cups dashi soup stock
- 3 inches daikon radish, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 aburaage, blanched
- 3-4 Tbsps miso paste
- Cut fried bean curd into thin strips and set aside.
- Put the soup stock in a medium pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer daikon on medium heat until softened.
- Add aburaage and cook for about a minute.
- Scoop out some soup stock from the pan and dissolve miso paste in it.
- Return the soup in the pan and stir well. Stop the heat.