These stuffed mushrooms are made with ground chicken and can be good apptizers. Serve with soy sauce and karashi mustard.
Yield: 12-16 pieces
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 2 inch negi, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 beaten egg
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 12-16 fresh shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sake
- katakuriko starch or corn starch for dusting
- soy sauce and karashi mustard for dipping
Put ground chicken, negi, green bell pepper, and egg in a bowl and mix well. Add ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and further mix well. Sprinkle katakuriko starch over the stem sides of mushroom caps. Fill mushroom caps with the meat mixture. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Place mushrooms the meat side down in the skillet and fry until browned. Flip them over. Pour sake over mushrooms and cover and steam until meat is cooked through. Serve stuffed mushrooms with soy sauce and karashi mustard on the side.