It's a nabe (one pot dishes) with gyoza dumplings.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 negi, leek, rinsed and cut diagonally
- 1/4 cabbage or hakusai, cut into 1 inch wide pieces
- 1 firm tofu, cut into bite size blocks
- 3 oz cellophane noodles, parboiled, cut into 3 or 4 inch long pieces
- 1 Tbsp chicken stock powder
- 4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Tobanjan hot bean paste
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sake
- 16 pieces gyoza
- Put water in a large donabe pot or an electric skillet.
- Add chicken stock powder, hot bean paste, soy sauce, and sake and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to low and add vegetables and simmer until softened.
- Further, add tofu, cellophane noodles, and gyoza and simmer until cooked through.
- *Adjust the flavor with soy sauce as you like.