Green bell peppers are cut in half lengthwise and are stuffed with seasoned ground pork.
Yield: 4 servings
- 8-10 small green bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 10 oz ground pork
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumb
- *salt and pepper to season
- *flour to dust
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Put meat, chopped onion, egg, and panko in a large bowl and knead by hand.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dust the inside of the green bell pepper pieces.
- Stuff green bell peppers with meat mixture. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Place stuffed peppers meat side down in the skillet. Cover the skillet and cook for a few minutes on medium-low heat.
- Turn peppers over and cover the skillet.
- Cook stuffed peppers for a few more minutes until done.
- Remove peppers and place on a plate.
- Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in the skillet. Mix quickly over low heat to make sauce.
- Pour the sauce over stuffed green bell peppers.