It's like a salad with boiled thinly sliced pork. Plese use your favorite vegetables or mushrooms.
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced pork loin
- 1/2 head lettuce, cut into medium pieces
- 1 carrot (about 1/2 lb), sliced into thin strips and boiled
- 1/4 lb green beans, trimmed and boiled
- For dipping sauce:
- 4 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp mirin, boiled and cooled
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp white sesame seeds, ground
Fill a medium bowl with ice water and set aside. Boil water in a medium pot, and add pork slices in the boiling water one by one. When pork slices are cooked, immediately transfer them to ice water to chill. Drain the pork. Place lettuce pieces on a plate. Put boiled carrot strips, green beans, and boiled pork on top. Mix all ingredients for dipping sauce in a small bowl. Serve the dipping sauce or your favorite ponzu sauce on the side. Eat pork with vegetables, dipping in the sauce.
*Makes 4 servings