Tsukemen literally means dipping noodles. Noodles are served with dipping soup and toppings on the side.
- 2/3 cup chicken soup stock
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 2 fresh Chukamen noodles
- for toppings (examples):
- lettuce, torn into small pieces
- green onion, chopped
- nori seaweed, cut into small sheets
- ham, sliced
- boiled eggs, cut in halves
- cucumber, thinly sliced
- tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
Heat chicken soup stock, soy sauce, and mirin in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and stop the heat. Add vinegar and stir lightly. Set aside.
Boil lots of water in a large pan. Add Chukamen noodles in the boiling water and cook for a few minutes, following the instructions on the package. Drain ramen noodles in a colander and cool them in ice water. Drain well and serve on plates with your favorite toppings. Serve dipping soup into individual bowls.
*Makes 2 servings