These rice cakes are cooked with leftover Japanese steamed rice. It's simple but makes a great snack.
- 2 cup leftover Japanese steamed rice
- 2 Tbsp flour
- For dipping sauce:
- 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp soy sauce
Put leftover rice in a bowl.
- Sprinkle flour over the rice.
- Knead the rice by hand well.
- Shape rice into small, round, and flat pieces.
- Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Fry rice cakes on low heat for a few minutes.
- Turn them over and fry for a few minutes, or until cooked through.
- Turn up the heat to medium, and fry until crispy on both sides.
- Serve a mixture of sugar and soy sauce on the side.