Sake is an alcoholic beverage made from rice. Let's learn the basics of how to drink sake.
Time Required: 10
- Pour sake into a ceramic flask called tokkuri.
- To warm the sake, soak the tokkuri filled with some sake in boiling water in a pan. Usually, sake is warmed to a little bit above body temperature (40-45 degrees Celsius).
- Pour sake from tokkuri into small sake cups called ochoko to drink from. When drinking with someone, it's an etiquette to pour sake into ochoko one another. It's polite to hold sake cup when someone is pouring sake. Hold your cup with one hand and put the other hand under the cup.
- Smell sake's aroma and have a sip before putting the cup back on the table.
- Chilled sake taste sweeter than warmed sake, so please be careful not to over drink.
What You Need
- Ochoko (Sake Cups)
- Tokkuri (Ceramic Flasks)
- Small Pan