It's a potato salad made with colorful ingredients.
Yield: 4 servings
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 small onion (or 1/4 large onion), thinly sliced
- 1/2 carrot, thinly sliced into half or quarter round and blanched
- 2 thin slices ham (or 1 oz imitation crab), cut into strips
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
Boil potatoes until softened. Drain and put them in a large bowl. Mash them while they are hot. Season potatoes with vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Soak onion slices in water for about 10 minutes and drain well. Mix cucumber, carrot, ham, onion, and boiled eggs in mashed potatoes. Season with mayonnaise. Adjust flavor with salt to your preference.