It's a Japanese rice bowl topped with marinated maguro slices and avocado.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 lb sashimi/sushi-grade maguro tuna, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp wasabi paste
- 4 cups Japanese steamed rice
- 1 Tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 leaves shiso, thinly sliced into strips *optional
- Mix wasabi and soy sauce in a bowl and marinate maguro sashimi slices in the mixture for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Serve steamed rice into individual bowls.
- Place marinated maguro sashimi slices and avocado on top of rice.
- Sprinkle shiso leaves and sesame seeds on top.
- Pour the marinade over the toppings. Serve right away.