It's deep fried squid tentacles which makes a great appetizer.
Yield: 2 servings
- tentacles of two squid
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sake
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- katakuriko starch or corn starch
- oil for frying
- Remove the beak from the squid tentacles and scrape off the suckers with a knife.
- Cut them apart into smaller pieces.
- Dry the squid with paper towels well.
- Put the squid in a bowl and sprinkle soy sauce, sake, and grated ginger.
- Marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Lightly pat the squid tentacles with paper towels and coat with katakuriko starch.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet to about 360 degrees F.
- Fry squid about 1-2 minutes and drain. Please be careful as the oil may splash.