Breaded and deep fried shrimp are called ebi fry in Japan. It's can be served with tartar sauce or tonkatsu sauce.
- 12 large shrimps, deveined
- 1 cup panko breadcrumb
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- *oil for deep frying
- For tartar sauce
- 1 egg, boiled and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely minced onion
- 2 Tbsp finely minced pickle
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- shredded cabbage *optional
- Remove heads and shells from shrimp without removing tails.
- Make a few incisions on the stomach side of shrimp and lightly press the back of shrimp to straighten.
- Cut the edge of shrimp tails and remove dirt using a knife.
- Dry shrimp on paper towels.
- Dust shrimp in flour lightly.
- Dip the shrimp in egg.
- Coat the shrimp with panko.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a deep pan to about 340-360 degrees F.
- Fry breaded shrimp until brown and drain.
- Mix all the ingredients for tartar sauce in a small bowl.
- Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper.
- Place ebi fry and shredded cabbage or your favorite vegetables on plates and top with tartar sauce just before eating.