Basics: How to Hold Chopsticks:
- Hold the upper chopstick with the index finger, the middle finger, and the thumb.
- Put the other chopstick between the bottom of the thumb and the tip of the ring finger.
- Move the upper chopstick only when you pick up food.
- Waving chopsticks above food dishes.
- Sticking chopsticks into food instead of picking them up with chopsticks.
- Picking a cup or bowl up with the hand that is holding chopsticks.
- Sucking chopsticks.
- Sticking chopsticks vertically into a bowl of rice.
- Passing food directly from one's chopsticks to another's chopsticks.