Tofu is simmered in dashi soup with edamame. This dish is delicious served either hot or chilled.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 block tofu, cut into medium rectangular pieces
- 6 oz parboiled and shelled edamame
- 2 oz imitation crab, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup dashi
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp mirin
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp katakuriko starch or corn starch, mixed with 2 Tbsp of water
Put dashi, soy sauce, and mirin in a medium pan and bring to a boil on high heat. Turn down the heat to medium and add tofu, edamame, and crab meat in the soup and cook until heated through. Bring to a boil again. Gradually pour the katakuriko mixture in the soup, stirring gently. When it thickens, stop the heat and add ginger.