Udon noodles are simmered in miso-based soup.
- 1 package pre-boiled udon noodles
- 1 cup dashi soup stock
- 1 oz. chicken thigh, cut into bite- size pieces
- 2 slices kamaboko (fish cake) *optional
- 1/2 aburaage (deep-fried tofu), slice into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 2 inch negi/leek, diagonally sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp miso soy bean paste
- 2 tsp sake
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg *optional
Put dashi in a preferably earthenware pot and bring to a boil. Mix in miso, sake, and sugar. Add chicken in the soup and simmer on medium heat until cooked through. Add udon noodles and bring to a boil. Add aburaage, negi, and kamaboko and bring to a boil again. If you would like, drop an egg in the soup and cover the pot and stop the heat.
*Makes 1 serving